The threat of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) may cause difficulties for those trying to keep young children or themselves occupied should self-quarantine, social distancing or lockdown procedures be enacted.
Google Arts & Culture has a collection of over 500 museums from around the world now offering virtual tours. By clicking on a museum’s link, tourists are able to virtually visit galleries and exhibits currently on display.
Below is a list of some museums offering virtual tours:
- The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Washington, D.C.
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York
- The National Gallery of Modern Art, New Dehli, India
- Kimball Art Museum, Fort Worth
- The Museum of African American Art, Los Angeles
- Clyfford Still Museum, Denver
- Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa
- African Ceremonies, Friday Harbor
- Eiffel Tour, Paris
- Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, National Park Service
- The Gordon Parks Foundation, Pleasantville
- GoDown Arts Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
- The Museum of African American History, Boston & Nantucket, Boston
- Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts+Culture, Charlotte
- Black Cultural Archives, London